Central Foundation is a unique school effectively combining a blend of modern and traditional values. We are inspired by our exceptional history and the success of our alumni, whilst at the same time always looking to the future. We are committed to all our students achieving outstanding outcomes and leaving us as young people equipped with the skills, attitudes, knowledge, understanding and qualifications necessary to thrive in a rapid changing world.
The breadth of our curriculum in the Sixth Form is illustrated by the extensive variety of courses that students have chosen to study at university; from Aeronautical Engineering to Art, from Physics to Podiatry, and from Ancient History to Artificial Intelligence. There is a large sixth form team which comprises of the Deputy Head, overseeing the Sixth Form and A-levels, an Assistant Head in charge of our vocational provision, Head of Year 12 and 13, a Careers Coordinator and Careers Officer and Study supervisors.
Our school was founded by William Rogers, who set out the School’s values over 150 years ago, yet he still retains a significant influence upon this Sixth Form today. The school’s motto is ‘Spe Labore Fide’, which when translated from Latin, means ‘by hope, by work, by faith’. Our staff and students dream big. We have huge hopes for our students. We collectively work hard to realise these dreams and we have faith that our systems will deliver those dreams.
- Outstanding outcomes from small co-educational classes (20-30% female students)
- A broad and varied curriculum, offering over 20 A-levels and a range of vocational options
- Fantastic new facilities and buildings including top of the range laboratories
- Well-qualified and supportive teachers who really like their subjects. Plus, a caring and supportive pastoral team
- Exciting location at Old Street in Shoreditch, where we have good partnerships with many organisations (Slaughter & May law firm, Ashhurst law firm, Moorfields Eye Hospital, Montcalm hotels, Profusion data science and AI specialists)
- A varied, fun and enriching extra-curricular programme: sports, cultural capital, volunteering and skill development
- We have a dedicated Central Futures team, which along with the Access Project provides outstanding support for university, apprenticeships and work
- We work in tandem with prestigious private schools Wycombe Girls’ School and Haberdasher Aske School to support our Oxbridge and Medical applicants
- Many students go on to excellent universities including Russell Group, Oxbridge and elite universities in other countries